Friday, July 26, 2013

Brooke's Yummy Surprise

 
This afternoon, I got a text message from Brooke saying to come to the park
after dinner for a surprise. She also said to bring cash.
I couldn't wait to find out what it was!
 
When I arrived at the park later, I saw some commotion out by the ball field.
It had to be Brooke.


And it was! Brooke was running her own snack cart! I quickly got in line.
 


There were so many delicous treats to choose from!
 


"Hey Willow! So glad you could make it!" Brooke hollered above all the chatter. 


Mia soon got in line behind me. It just kept growing!


"All this stuff looks amazing!" McKenna said.
"Sure does!" I agreed as my stomach growled.


Maybe I should get an ice cream sandwich like Julie, I thought.


Or roasted corn and a fruit kabob like McKenna. 


But I finally decided to get a basket of french fries and a sweet ice cream cone!


"How's business going?" I asked Brooke.
"Great!" she replied.


"Just look at all the money I've made!"


I watched as Mia added some mustard to a hot, juicy hot dog.
I almost regretted not getting one!


The girls and I sat down on a blanket to eat our treats together.


"This home made ice cream is fantastic!" I exclaimed.


"And this corn is so ripe and sweet!" McKenna said. 


"I just came from tennis practice so I couldn't resist an ice cream sanwich!" Julie giggled. 


"Everything is great!" Mia added. 


Brooke sipped a fresh berry smoothie and thought to herself,
What a great sale day!

 
And what a delicious treat! I thought.


1 comment: